Aug 9, 2015

Psalm 16 Butterfly and Yellow Roses Card

card 1
 I had so much fun playing with this week's verse from Word Art Wednesday, Psalm 16:11.  Not only is this one of the most beautiful scriptures in the Bible, but this week they really used a beautiful font and layout of the text.  So I printed it, instead of doodling it like I did last week HERE.
card 2
 I distressed this beautiful yellow rose paper along the edges, then layered a double punched strip (Martha Stewart) over a kraft doily that I gessoed and sponged with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.  I used a Tim Holtz Sizzex die for the leaf and added premade flowers.
card 3
 I die cut the text with another Sizzex die and sponged it with Tattered Straw Distress Ink.  I stamped the swirly vine by Penny Black in Peeled Paint and layered to a pale yellow card.
card 4
Yellow Roses have always been my favorite!  This was so much fun to make.  The card didn't seem complete without some stamping, so I added a butterfly by Hero Arts.  I'm linking up to Word Art Wednesday HERE and to Penny Black's Summer Flowers Challenge HERE.

8 comments:

Faye said...

You made such a fantastic card for the scripture. Really beautiful.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is so stunning, Autumn. It really feels so soft and sweet with the subtle hues of yellow. I also love that you've used the scripture for this week, and I'm glad to see that it was a blessing to you. Thanks for sharing with us, and please stop by again soon. I can't wait to see more of your amazing cards.
God bless you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Such a beautiful card. Love it x

Unknown said...

The yellow throughout this beautiful card is so uplifting. I really like the layout and flowers. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, in our 195th challenge.
Blessings and Hugs, Carole

Tracy said...

Beautiful creation, love the stamping and a gorgeous layout too Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge. Good Luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Whisper said...

Simply delightful and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

Linda Simmons said...

Oh, Autumn! This is SO beautiful! Love it!

brenda said...

I'm still on holiday catch up hence the late visit, but wanted to pop in and thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

B x

Popular Posts