Nov 25, 2015

Thanksgiving Card and Fall Bundle

card 1

Here's to a memorable Thanksgiving to you and yours!  Psalm 118:1 "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever!"  For we know that all good and perfect things come from Him.

card 2

I don't have many stamps in the way of turkeys, so I tried to build some cards around these tiny Authentique stickers.  Hard to believe it worked out!  I cut the leaves by hand and wrinkled them up for added texture.  The little one on the bottom is a punch.

card 3

I added the word stickers too and some brads to fill in the space.

card 4

I think there is a warm feeling to the fibers and love using them on holiday cards.

card 5

The stamp across the bottom is by Penny Black - my most beloved stamp EVER!

card 6

This card was almost directly copied from something on Pinterest.  I can't take credit for the idea, but loved it so that I had to create a few.  I stamped my images on a really cool old freehand book.  The edges are torn and distressed.  I love folding a corner down and inking it for an extra level of distress.

card 7

A leafy brad, a tiny tag, and some twine make a nice embellishment, and don't add too much bulk for mailing.

card 8

I'm linking up to SSS Monday for their Thanksgiving challenge HERE, and to SSS Wednesday for their Anything Goes challenge HERE.  Happy Thanksgiving!

19 comments:

brenda said...

A super collection of card Autumn, those leaves on the first two looks so real, must the the scrunching to get the texture. Any one would be a joy to receive. Happy Thanksgiving, I know we don't celebrate it in the UK but I think it's the fourth Thursday of this month ?

B x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Absolutely gorgeous, you're so talented!

Love and hugs
Maarit

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful Autumnal cards Autumn I was walking in leaves like this when I took the dog out the floor was covered with them, it is awesome
hugs
lorraine x

Carol said...

A beautiful autumnal card Autumn,love the design. Thanks for the heads up at SSS...so thrilled to win :) Carol x

Jinny Newlin said...

You sure know how to pile on the texture, Autumn! These are gorgeous, and I just love the fall palettes! Your comment on my blog today put a huge smile on my face. Thanks so much! Oh, and I'm a Kansas girl. So sorry. I'd love to get creative with you, too. Hugs, and happy Thanksgiving!

MaryH said...

Excellent trio of Thanksgiving cards! Love your idea with the turkey motif, and those leaves look so extremely realistic. Great job on that one, and love the background papers & the fiber tassle. Also loved the other designs, you are definitely a designer! A pretty layout, lovely elements & embellies, and sure to brighten the day of whomever is lucky enough to open any of these cards! TFS & Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs.

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the stunning foliage and fancy trimmings! Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous cards Autumn - and yes, God is good!!!
Blessings
Maxine

Pamellia said...

Fabulous Thanksgiving cards Autumn! I agree, that PB stamp is awesome, adds just a touch of interest without stealing focus from the main bits! Happy Thanksgiving to you. hugs :)

craftytrog said...

These are beautiful Autumn!
Wishing you a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!
Alison xx

Petra Swart said...

Your cards are simply stunning, Autumn!!! Lots of lovely elements put together to make beautiful cards!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!!!

Ginny Maxam said...

Hi Autumn, your cards are just awesome!! I love the colors and the fibers! just beautiful!!
Ginny M

Tracey said...

Really pretty Autumn cards.....you did an amazing job cutting out the leaves. Love the fibers!

Words and Pictures said...

I absolutely love these cards, Autumn. I suppose with your lovely name it makes sense that Fall projects suit you! Gorgeous work with the fibres and leafy clusters.
Alison xx

Sue said...

These are really fab Autumn, I love all of your lovely texture. Have a fab weekend, Sue xx

cheiron said...

Gorgeous cards, great elements. Love the collage style. Thank you so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

Mimi said...

Good for you for making multiples! These types of cards will definitely get used and will certainly be appreciated!

jenn shurkus said...

gorgeous fall cards!!! Love the fibers on the 1st one :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

sarascloset said...

Lovely Thanksgiving cards, Autumn! You are a real natural with those fall cards! Boy it's been a long time since I've used fibers on my cards, but you have inspired me! Big Hugs!

Popular Posts