Nov 29, 2015

Tim Holtz November 2015 Mixed Media Tag

tag 1

I thought I would absolutely NEVER finish my Tim Holtz November 2015 tag.  I just loved the inky background I created weeks ago, but couldn't decide on a focal point.  I really wanted to use the acorn, but it was too small.  Finally I just decided to go with this gorgeous maple leaf.


When I layered my leaf, I went back and dry brushed Frayed Burlap Distress Ink around to make some shadows.  I did the embossing as Tim showed, but I never have the best success with it.  I went back and highlighted it with FB DI along the veins.

tag 2

I could not find my cork for the life of me, so I decided on this snip of very old music score,  Home again, home again - reminds me of Thanksgiving.  The arrow points to home, love that!

tag 3

I used hand dyed silk ribbon for my topper and some adorable little pine cone charms.  These colors were quite unusual, but in the end I loved the palette.

tag 4

I'm sharing with Tim Holtz HERE, with SSS for their Thanksgiving challenge HERE, and with Mixed Media World for their Anything Goes challenge HERE,
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

15 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely tag Autumn - the colours are really pretty, but not something I would have thought to put together, yet they work beautifully.
Blessings
Maxine.

brenda said...

A super mixed media tag Autumn, both the colors and design really appeal.

B x

Mimi said...

Wow, I just love this... the colors, the composition. This would be cute as a bottle tag for a new home, or a welcome home... and, you and I have all of the same stuff! Similar crafty minds :) Again: simply love this

craftytrog said...

Your tag is stunning Autumn, great composition and colours! xx

Connie Mercer said...

this is gorgeous! Love the arrow at the bottom and the vintage music paper.

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Oh my...this is a fabulous tag! And I love the colors chosen! Great details!
Thanks so much for leaving the kind comments on my blog! Good luck in the draw.
Happily your newest follower, too. :)

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is one awesome tag Autumn I love the detail of the leaf also the embellishments and colours, excellent project
hugs
lorraine x

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Thank you so very much for your kind comment. It gave me the opportunity to discover a new blog, yours! I love your work and have bookmarked your blog for inspiration.

Lee-Anne said...

Beautifully done, Autumn! I adore the colors and the touch of music paper! That luscious bow with the acorns and twine finish it off perfectly!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, this is perfectly scrumptious! Love that leaf image and those little metal embellishments, and the bits of twine are the perfect finishing touches!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous take!!! LOVE the music notes switch...so cool!!!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Can I call this Rustic Elegance?
I love this style which is ever so Country Chic with those beautiful tones inspired by Mother Nature.
Wishes
Lynne

Pawsitively Creative said...

I love this little tag and all the grungy goodness! Gorgeous attention to details and this is better than the original from Mr. Holtz himself. Yep, I said it! Awesome sauce! Hugz. ~Niki

Words and Pictures said...

I love this version - the leaf is a great choice and looks lovely against the pretty colours of the subtle background. Great addition of the music again.
Alison xx

sarascloset said...

Beautiful take on Tim's November tag. Your background is grungy great, and the ribbon is gorgeous! You have done Tim proud with this masterpiece! Hugs!

Popular Posts