Feb 27, 2016

Waiting for Spring Dimensional Cards One Two and Three

card 1
 I recently found Elena Morgun through YouTube and immediately fell in love with her awesome style.  I started following her instantly and have watched countless videos of hers.  But I just just discovered her amazing blog and am about 6 weeks late to this awesome card party "Waiting for Spring" she's throwing. Nevertheless, I just had to jump in head first and play along.  My first card, much inspired by Elana's work, featuring vellum.
card 2
 I went crazy embossing on blue vellum, including flowers, butterflies, and my sentiment.  This quirky focal point is a Hero Arts stamp that I fell in love with as soon as I saw it and have been dying to use it, but couldn't figure out what to do with it.  I just knew it would be the perfect focal point for a spring card.  The flowers are Stampendous and butterflies and sentiment are Unity.  Many thanks to Stampendous and Heather from Houses Built of Cards for these awesome giveaways that I won.  <3
card 4
The dies are Tim Holtz and background is Basic Grey hoarded paper that I stamped and embossed with this awesome unmounted I have had for years and years, and a XL dry embossing plate I scored from Tuesday Morning.
card 5
 My second card features a stencil.  This card is my favorite of the three.  I made my background with a Prima stencil and watercolors, layering the two colors after heatsetting in between.  The butterfly is Stampin' Up! and vellum flower and sentiment another Unity, and leaves Stampendous.  The awesome corner in the top is Tim Holtz and the honeycomb is Stampers Anonymous.  The text in the background is Catslife Press, an old favorite.
card 6
 You can barely see the dots I stenciled in white over my Prima stencil, but it's a great contrast IRL.
card 7
 I so love this background and have to do more of this, as they always turn out to be my favorites.
card 8
 I just love the white vellum, which I carried from theme one.  The doily is a coffee filter by MFT.
card 9
For my third card I have used three kinds of flowers.  This was hard for me because I don't buy a lot of premade flowers.  I am such a cheapskate!  I can hardly bare to use $5 worth of flowers on one card!!!  But I am trying to let myself go and quit worrying about those things when I create.
card 10
 My main flower is by Prima, the wooden flower I have had for years and years, and the third type of flower is cut from scrapbook paper.

card 11
 I layered a Hero Arts butterfly over this Stampers Anonymous label stamp and then over a pretty piece of paper.  I love the pom pom fringe, the coffee dyed leaves, and the coffee filter doily here.
card 12
 I'm sharing my cards with Elena Morgun's challenges:
Waiting-For-Spring
To find out about all of the challenges in this series and to see Elana's awesome video inspiration click HERE.  Trust me, you will be so inspired by Elana and the artists in the linkup!  

23 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful, Autumn! Wonderful layers and textures!

Samra said...

All three cards are absolutely stunning!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, my gracious, Autumn, you've been a busy girl! WOW! All I can say is WOW! These are perfectly stunning in every way! Gorgeous details and dimension and perfectly suited for spring! Off to take another look. WOW!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful set of cards Autumn - you really have enjoyed yourself with these and look as though you have had a lot of new inspiration!!
Blessings
Maxine

Vintagehandmade said...

Love them all! They are simply stunning with all those beautiful layers and awesome dimensions! Fantastic work! Hugs! Branka xxx

brenda said...

Just beautiful and in lovely colours.

Have a good Sunday.

B x

Pamellia said...

Wow, these are amazing Autumn!! I love all the amazing colours and layers. You can never go wrong with butterflies, I love that vellum one, wow! So many gorgeous layers, I love your style! hugs :)

klistersøster said...

WOW your cards is amazing delicate and suitable for Elena Morgun challenge! I was curious so I had to look at EM's blog!!
Hugs, Susan

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wow, they are absolutely fabulous Autumn. Beautiful colours, layers and detailing!

Love and hugs
Maarit

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, Autumn, these are gorgeous - each one is different and yet as beautiful as the other! Wow! I so love looking at the beautiful details of each one. You surely have found such joy in making these - it's clear, and it shows! Hugs, sweet friend!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, these are all so amazing!! I love the layers and details of each one!! The colors are beautiful!! Love these!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Pawsitively Creative said...

Okay, all three are Springalicious and fantabulous but I have to agree with you about the 2nd one! That's my fave as well. These are so awesome sauce and detailed! Love the vellum sentiment. Hugz ~Niki

experiments in paper said...

Good heavens, Autumn!! FANTASTIC!!!! I don't even know where to start telling you how much I love these!! The details, depth, colors , texture and composition of each one blows my mind! Absolutely gorgeous, and thank you for introducing me to this wonderful artist! xxx Lynn

Brenda Brown said...

Autumn I found your pink cards first and fell in love with them, now going backwards on my blog reader I come across these magnificent beauties too I have pinned all three to come back to again as they are utterly gorgeous.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wonderful cards, Autumn! Full of texture and dimension! Love the teal colour too!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Autumn, gorgeous cards. I am loving all the detail and colour palette is perfect. Angela x

*Vicki* said...

Your design is stunning as well as your colors here!! Love that butterfly image! :)

Mimi said...

Wow, Autumn. I'll look into Morgan, but I feel like you ahve your Tutterow goin' on as well! I love all three, but your background on your fave (middle card) is TDF.
HUGS

Petra Swart said...

Love all the fantastic layering and the wonderful colours you have worked with, Autumn!!! All so beautiful!!!
Hugz

Marty F said...

These cards are so beautiful it's hard to say what my favorite is! I love your color choices and did you really use coffee filters to diecut your doilies? Never would have thought of that! Awesome!!

Karen Petitt said...

All of these and the other two posts I have seen - Autumn they are beautiful projects, worthy of being framed and treasured forever! Thanks for the heads up with Elena's You Tube tutorials too I have now subscribed to her Karen x

Little Artbee said...

Oh what lovely cards, little dreams in turquoise and brown color, a good combination. Butterflies and flowers also look nice every time on a card. I love much what I see here.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

sarascloset said...

Oh, Gosh, autumn! I have had such a lovely time catching up with you, but I have a feeling there's more to come! I love these three lovely cards! My favorite is the first, no the second, or maybe the third...Love them all! Hugs!

Popular Posts